The written exam is the last step in the certification application process.
Each certification requires the applicant to earn a passing score on a specific examination or combination of examinations. Examination Crosswalk
The FCB administers all examinations, in locations throughout Florida, on either a monthly or a quarterly basis. Exam Schedule
Applicants for certification MAY NOT sit for any exam until the following criteria has been met:
- The Application Portfolio has been approved by the FCB.
- The Applicant has registered and paid for the exam(s) by the published deadline for registration.
- The applicant has received verification that they are approved to sit for the exam(s).
To register for an examination(s):
- Once approved to sit for the exam, the FCB will send you an official Examination Registration Form.
- Submit the completed Examination Registration form and applicable examination fees to the FCB. The FCB will NOT accept examination registration requests over the phone or e-mail.
- The FCB will notify you of your scheduled exam date/time/location within 14 days of receipt of your request.
- The FCB will make every attempt to meet your first examination administration date/time/location request; however, seating is based on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Confirmation letters, including specific test site information, will be mailed to examinees approximately 2-weeks prior to the examination administration date.
- You may cancel and reschedule your confirmed FCB examination registration by notifying the FCB, in writing, according to the guidelines below:
- To reschedule registration for an FCB examination, you must submit a written request.
- If you reschedule your exam less than 10 business days of the scheduled exam administration date, you must pay a $25 rescheduling fee. Your registration will not be confirmed until the rescheduling fee has been received.
If you reschedule your exam at least 10 business days prior to the exam administration, you will not incur a rescheduling fee.
- You may cancel and reschedule your confirmed IC&RC or SAP examination registration by notifying the FCB, in writing, according to the guidelines below:
- To reschedule registration for an IC&RC or SAP examination, you must submit a written request.
- If you reschedule your exam less than 30 days of the scheduled exam administration date, you must pay a $100 rescheduling fee. Your registration will not be confirmed until the rescheduling fee has been received.
If you reschedule your exam at least 30 days prior to the exam administration, you will not incur a rescheduling fee
- If you are a no-show on the examination administration date or if you do not cancel your registration you will be required to:
- Submit a Written Examination Registration Form
- Pay the full examination fee(s)
- Should you need to cancel or reschedule your examination administration date due to a true emergency, please contact the Florida Certification Board and we will handle the request on a case-by-case basis.
Receiving examination score(s):
- The FCB will ONLY release score reports to the examinee.
- The FCB will mail examination score results directly to the examinee: score results WILL NOT be provided over the telephone, e-mail, or fax.
- All paper-and pencil examination score results will be mailed to the examinee approximately 4 ? 6 weeks after the examination administration date.
- All electronic examination results will be provided to the examinee immediately: the immediate results are considered unofficial. Official score results will be mailed to the examinee approximately 6?8 weeks after the examination administration date.
The FCB is committed to equal opportunity and it is our policy to grant reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities as defined in the American?s with Disabilities Act (ADA). The ADA defines a disability as ?a physical or mental impairment that substantially limits one or more major life activities.?
In addition to ADA specified disabilities, examinees may have additional mitigating factors, such as religious observances, that may necessitate modification to standard examination administration procedures.
Types of Special Accommodations:
The FCB will make every attempt to grant documented requests for accommodation. Accommodations that may be provided include:
- Additional testing time (double-time or time-and-a-half)
- Scheduled breaks
- Reader and/or Recorder
- Large-print type examination booklet
- Separate/distraction free room
- Special seating or other physical accommodation
- Other reasonable accommodations will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Requesting Special Accommodations:
- Examinees must complete and submit a Request for Special Accommodations when registering for an examination(s).
- Approved Requests for Special Accommodations are valid for 6 months, unless the physician or other qualified individual indicates a specified validation period.
- To request special accommodations for an ICRC written test, you must:
a. Complete both sides of the ICRC Request for Special Examination Accommodations IC&RC Accomodation Request Form
b. Submit the completed request to the FCB at least 60 days prior to the scheduled examination administration date.
- To request special accommodations for an FCB written test, you must:
a. Complete both sides of the FCB Request for Special Examination Accommodations FCB Accomodation Request Form
b. Submit the completed request to the FCB at least 30 days prior to the scheduled examination administration date.
- The FCB will notify the examinee of the determination of eligibility for special accommodations within 10 business days of receiving the Request for Accommodations.
In 2009 the FCB will begin administering examinations at approved FCB Online Test Sites (OTS). As this program expands, the FCB will continue to increase the date, time, and location of examination administrations. Online Test Site Locations
In order to register for an examination at a FCB OTS, you must:
- Be approved by the FCB to sit for the written examination(s).
- Submit your Written Examination Registration form, examination fee(s), and a $20 convenience fee. Examinees may NOTpay fees to the OTS directly.
- Coordinate examination administration date and time directly with the OTS registrar. Note: Approved individuals may test on any day and time that is convenient to the examinee and within the operating hours of the OTS. Specific instructions will be provided to examinees who request OTS administration.
Currently, the following examinations are available electronically:
- The Florida Specific Exam
- The Behavioral Health Technician Exam